How to play online casinos safely?
A large number of casinos with unique games, free spins no deposit not on gamstop, generous welcome bonuses, etc. are available to UK players today. You should be aware that all financial transactions, including playing casino games for real money, are regularly attacked by hackers.
To protect your account from hacking and to make sure you get the security of your preferred online casino, we’ve prepared a few universal recommendations for new players. Be sure to read to the end!
Licensed online casinos
When choosing a gambling site, it is recommended that you first of all pay attention to the existence of a licence. Information about the regulatory body can be found at the bottom of the website. There are very many different licensees in the UK gambling market today. Each of them undertakes to monitor the online casino: the use of modern player safety tools, the analysis of the correct operation of the random number generator, the relevance of the rules for receiving bonuses and wagering requirements.
Let’s take a look at the main types of licenses among UK online casinos:
- UKGC – the government body for licensing gambling sites The UK Gambling Commission has only issued gambling permits to the best candidates since 2010. The UKGC can impose penalties if security rules are breached.
- The MGA – has been a reputable licensee outside the UK since 2007. Its vast experience in the industry and unqualified credibility ensures the highest level of security in MGA licensed casinos.
- Gibraltar is one of the favoured places to play within the British state. Although the Gibraltar Gambling Association began operations in 2013, today Gibraltar-licensed online casinos are among the safest.
Supporting online casino security protocols
According to statistics, more than 47% of hacking attacks have targeted online casinos that do not use SSL encryption protocols (certificates). This tool ensures encrypted data transmission between the client and the casino’s server.
We recommend searching for information on the use of encryption protocols on the casino’s home page. Alternatively, you may make a subject specific request to customer support. Online casino representatives will provide you with all the information you need on the subject of secure gaming.
Use a strong password
Not all UK casino customers are responsible about creating a secure password for their account. This can make it very easy for an intruder to gain access to your profile and therefore your money.
When creating your password, use all available character formats: numbers, upper and lower case letters, combine Latin and Cyrillic characters and special characters (like @, #, $, etc.). Do not include personal information in passwords under any circumstances. It’s also best not to use auto-save or auto-fill forms.
Secure payment methods
Safe play for real money is directly dependent on the payment method you choose. Deposits and withdrawals must be made using the following payment systems:
- Visa or MasterCard. Credit cards are used daily for online purchases, supermarkets or to pay for services at online casinos. This method has an almost unblemished reputation. Transactions are charged a minimum fee of 2-3% of the amount.
- Electronic wallets. Services such as PayPal, Neteller and Skrill also offer increased security. They are very often used in online casinos, because they do not charge casino transaction fees.
- Wire transfer. One of the longest (3-5 days) payment methods with guaranteed security. It is worth noting that not all casinos support this payment option.
- Cryptocurrency. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum wallets have recently become increasingly common in UK casinos. Cryptocurrency has the highest level of privacy and security.
Read reviews from other players
Before choosing a casino for safe gaming, find out what other players are saying about it. The experiences of existing users can tell you what the problems with online casino security are or, conversely, what the benefits of online casino security are in comparison to other gaming platforms.
Pay special attention to the security issue when playing at online casinos. It’s important to choose reputable and verified gaming platforms with a license. Remember that your winnings depend directly on the security of your account, the online casino’s website and your payment method.